Friday, September 2, 2011

Listen To Your Mother

I was reading our blog and was inspired by Christa's post on how to make a cute hair clip display using a large picture frame and ribbons tied around it. She was inspired by our Mom who suggestion the project. I took my Mother's advice and twisted it into my own project! I am an avid jewelry collector and maker so I need a lot of space for my jewelry. I used a wood frame covered in window screen mesh that I found at work in the throw away pile as my base.


Then I attached a wide ribbon at different levels to accommodate bracelets, barrettes, short necklaces, and long necklaces. I attached the ribbon using a staple gun and made sure the ribbon was really tight to hold up all my heavy jewelry!


I am really pleased with the final look! I am glad I used a brown ribbon so my colorful jewelry stands out, I used a red ribbon to hang it on a fun turquoise 3M sticky hook, perfect if you can't hammer nails into your walls.

posted by Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment